Advertisement for a Research Fellow
We are a world class research-intensive institute. We deliver clinical diagnostics, genetic counselling, teaching and R&D of the highest quality. Attracting and retaining high-calibre people is fundamental to our continued success.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Research Fellow to work at the interface of our clinical diagnostics and R&D team. The role will provide an opportunity for you to gain experience in clinical research, genetics and oncology.
You will play a key role in the conduct of molecular clinical diagnostics, data acquisition and analysis, molecular oncology lab work and liaise between diagnostics and R&D teams. You will have the opportunity to learn about in-depth aspects of molecular biology and computation analysis. You will also have the opportunity to teach visiting students about genetics.
You shall have a BSc or an MSc in biological sciences i.e. biotechnology, genetics, medical genetics or computational biology. You will support the conduct of ongoing clinical and R&D activities within the institute. You will have the opportunity to develop a PhD.
- BSc or MSc (or equivalent) in biological sciences i.e. biotechnology, genetics, medical genetics or computational biology.
- CSIR-NEET or GATE qualified (Desirable)
Attributes and behaviours
- Entusiastic and hardworking
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills
- Team-working skills
- Excellent computing skills
- High level of personal organisation
- Willingness to undertake work outside of normal working hours
The Person (Essential knwoledge, skills and experience)
- Understanding of molecular biology
- Previous presentation of work at scientific meetings (Desirable)
- Previous research publications (Desirable)
- Support and conduct rotine clinical diagnostic activities: including but not limited to DNA extraction, PCR, gel electrophoresis, data entry and report.
- Support and conduct R&D activities
- Participate and develop specialised R&D activities inlcuding ongoing and newly designed assays
- Publish and present high level scientific information including writing anf presenting reports relevant to the work being carried out as part of the translational research
- Support the submission of research proposals to funders where appropriate
- Regular liaison with the principal investigator(s) and senior members of the R&D teams to discuss ongoing research and next possible steps
- Duration: Full time, fixed term 1 year
Application portal for this position is now closed.
For further information or queries, please contact Dr. Harsh Sheth on email@example.com